Initial 4-Page and/or 1-Page Paper Preparation
Authors are invited to submit a Full Paper (4 pages) or Abstract (1 page) reporting original research of theoretical or applied nature using the online submission system, EDAS. The initial submission should summarize the scope of the final paper and explicitly include the primary results and findings, emphasizing new advances, theories and/or applications so that the program committee will be able to understand the originality and the value of the work. A submission implies willingness to register and present the work if the paper is accepted for presentation at the conference.
Manuscripts will be reviewed by the Technical Program Committee. Authors of accepted full papers and/or 1-page abstracts must submit the final paper version according to the deadline, register for the conference, and attend to present their papers. The maximum length for final papers is 6 pages without exceptions (each additional page over 4, will be subject to a charge of $200 per page). The maximum length for 1-page abstracts is 1 page, no exceptions. One full conference registration supports only 2 papers. One Student registration supports 1 paper, and the student must be the lead author on the paper to qualify for student registration. Each Additional Paper must be paid for with the additional paper fee of $100 for up to 4 additional papers per registration
For your convenience, the IEEE Style Manual and Conference Paper Templates in various formats are available here.
High-quality 4-page papers that are accepted and presented will be submitted for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore digital library and included in the NER 2023 proceedings. Accepted 1-Page abstracts will not be included in IEEE Xplore, but will still be available in the conference proceedings.
Each lead author must visit the EDAS website and establish an account with a username and password.
- Visit the NER 2023 Submission Portal and click the link to create a new account, if you do not already have an account. If you have an account, log in to EDAS and follow the Submission of Full Paper instructions below.
- Create your profile. Only the five fields with the red asterisk are required. *It is very important that your name and affiliation associated with your EDAS account are correct and match the name and affiliation that will be listed on your paper. These fields are first & last name, affiliation (company or organization), country, e-mail address, and status. When the fields are filled in, check the Privacy Policies box and click the Add Person button. [note: if you select USA as the country, you will get a message asking for your state]
- You will receive an e-mail containing your password. Your email address and the given password must later be used to access the system during the following steps, so be careful to remember it.
- You can then return to the EDAS log-in page (http://www.edas.info) and change your assigned password to one that is easier to remember. To do this, click on the My Profile tab, and then click on change your password. Be sure to record your user name, password and ID number for later reference.
Submission of Full Paper
Please login at http://www.edas.info/N30158 and follow these steps:
- Click here to be taken to the NER 2023 Submission Portal.
- Type in the title of your initial submission and select the topic area your paper falls under best. [note: This will help in choosing the reviewers. The PDF of your initial submission will be uploaded later]
- Click the Submit button.
- On the next page you will see a large green check mark and a statement that the paper was recorded.
- Manuscript is used to refer to the PDF form of your initial submission.
- The last row says Review Manuscript, and has an icon of a yellow folder next to it. Click on this icon, and then you can upload the PDF of your Full Paper on the next page.
- You can also upload the paper by clicking the My Papers tab at the top of the screen, and then select the upload icon on the same row as the name of your paper. The upload icon (third column from the right) will open a dialog box that will enable you to select and upload the Full Paper file via the web or via FTP.
Final 4-Page Paper Submissions
Generate an IEEE Xplore-compatible manuscript using PDF Xpress
All final manuscripts must be generated using the PDF Xpress tool.
To generate the IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF file of your paper, follow these steps:
- Create your IEEE PDF eXpress account: https://ieee-pdf-express.org/
- Conference ID: 52421X
- Receive by e-mail the IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF of your paper.
**High-quality papers that are accepted and presented will be submitted for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore digital library and indexed by EI/Compendex.
Upload your Xplore-compatible PDF manuscript to EDAS
- Log in at http://edas.info
- Select the “My Papers” tab
- Select the paper title you wish to upload the manuscript for to be directed to the paper record
- Specify the presenter and complete the presenter’s biography form
All papers must have:
- Ran through IEEE PDF Xpress
- The electronic copyright form submitted through EDAS
- At least one author registered for the conference
- The Final PDF Xpress version submitted to EDAS
- All above items completed before 3 February 2023
- A size A0 poster brought to the conference to present at NER 2023. A poster template can be found here, however, it is not mandatory to use it.
IEEE Copyright Form
Each 4-page accepted contribution to NER 2023 must be accompanied by a signed Copyright Form. The copyright form should be filled out and signed by one author, preferably the primary author. The eCopyright form will be available through the EDAS site if your paper has been accepted. Problems & Further Information For any problem or further information, please contact Claire Folkerts, email@example.com.
Final 1-page Paper Submissions
- should also be in the format of the IEEE template.
- should not exceed 1-page including references
- should have at least 1 author registered for the conference to present their work. The same rules as 4-page papers apply for additional paper registration policy: 1 paper for student registration, and up to 2 papers for non-student registrations; $100 for each additional paper.
- will not be published in IEEE Xplore, but will be included in the conference proceedings. Copyright forms are not needed.
- should be accompanied by a size A0 poster brought to the conference to present at NER 2023. A poster template can be found here, however, it is not mandatory to use it.
EMBS enforces a “no show” policy. Any accepted paper included in the final program is expected to have at least one author attend and present the paper at the conference. Authors of the accepted papers included in the final program who do not attend the Conference will be subscribed to a “No Show List”, compiled by the Society. The “no-show” papers will be removed from the Master file and noted as “Author unavailable for presentation” prior to submitting to IEEE for inclusion in Xplore. The “No Show List” will also be made available to all EMBS conference organizers, who can reject submissions from these authors in the following two years, based on their past negative impact on an EMBS conference.
Authors unable to attend/present due to medical emergencies or visa travel issues will be excused, and will still be able to have their 4-page paper published as long as they fill out the no show form and provide adequate documentation - the organizing committee will then review the documentation and contact the author with the final decision. Authors will not receive a refund if an invitation letter was issued.
The no show form must be completed and submitted by the corresponding author of any paper that has been included in the NER’21 program if the corresponding author or any co-authors are no longer able to attend and present the paper at the conference. If we do not receive the completed no show form, and you do not attend NER’21 and present your paper, you will automatically be subscribed to the Society no show list. If you are not able to attend, a co-author may present in your absence. To substitute your registration, please complete the Substitution Form.